Tensegrity Medicine™ Mentorship Online
Date: September 28 – September 30, 2021
This dynamic program emphasizes the biotensegrity versus the biomechanical model as a framework for understanding the body. It not only examines the fascia and nervous system in great detail but also the concepts of our body being a representation of our internal dialogue, thought patterns, beliefs and perceptions.
What Is Tensegrity Medicine Training About?
This comprehensive program will assist the practitioner in learning valuable skills in understanding the bodymind approaches to medicine and the various factors that go into health and healing.
Tensegrity Medicine specialists are experts in the areas of the neurofascial system, whole body biotensegrity assessment, innovative cutting edge light touch manual therapies, somatic sense perception training, and dialoguing skills involving the body, thoughts, perceptions, and emotions.
Students of the Tensegrity Medicine mentorship training learn about their own bodies and their own beliefs so they can practice more embodied whole body, whole person medicine.
The student learns to enrich their therapeutic sessions with up to date scientifically based information and practices, but also has a focus on enriching their understanding of themselves and how they can be more fulfilled in their work as a practitioner.
What Will You Learn In The Training?
- Understand the biotensegrity model of our bodies and our psyches. Learn how any disruption in tension or compression forces of the neurofascial system or our thought systems and beliefs can influence posture, strength, range of motion and function.
- Understand the concepts of tensegrity and how three dimensionally balancing the physical structure can restore balance and diminish pain and pathological movement patterns.
- Learn the latest research related to the connective tissue system (neuromyofascial system), psychoneuroendocrinology, and neuroscience related to trauma informed care.
- Be able to perform global biotensegral based assessments of the tension compression patterns of the body in determing a rationale for treatment.
- Be able to objectively measure both pre and post treatment therapeutic outcomes of global system change.
- Learn to apply clinical critical reasoning skills related to a biotensegrity based framework for treatment.
- Apply new targeted light touch techniques to create three dimensional balance.
- Learn to incorporate unique movement strategies to facilitate new movement patterns to increase long term carry over of therapeutic care.
- Learn dialoguing skills to address the cognitive patterns and lifestyle choices in order to influence the physical balance of the body.
- Learn appropriate documentation terminology to increase efficiency and consistency in communication.
- Learn how to practice self care practices and strategies to avoid burnout.
- Learn models of connective tissue kinetic chains and how they can be used as a ‘roadmap’ in determining restrictions and/or balancing forces.
- Learn how to teach your clients how to activate their own ‘inner physician’ as part of the healing process.
- Learn how the use of somatic sensations can play an important role in facilitating change in postural and tensional patterns.
Who Is This Training For?
- Eligible students include massage therapists, bowen practitioners, physical therapists, occupational therapists, movement specialists, naturopaths, chiropractors, physicians.
Our emphasis is not on ‘fixing’ our clients, but instead helping locate and identify where the ‘stagnations’ lie in the system(s), increasing self awareness and compassionate witnessing to these regions, and ultimately training the client in establishing new patterns. We achieve this through hands on treatment, movement, dialoguing and training in lifestyle habits as a means to create empowerment and long lasting change. This approach leads to resolution of pain, chronic movement and functional limitations while returning agency back to the client.
Mentorship Training Levels
- Level One-Basic training (year one) Cost: $3,500
- Level Two-Advanced Training (year two) Cost: $3,500
- Level Three-teacher training (TBA)
ADDITIONAL COURSE OFFERINGS: These courses are offered to mentorship students as a way to supplement their learning.
These courses are not part of the base tuition but are offered at a priority and low cost to mentorship students
- Fresh tissue with biotensegrity emphasis-live or online
Tensegrity Medicine Destination Retreat
- See what students are saying who attended our last retreat: Spain Retreat, 2018