Tensegrity Medicine™ Mentorship Online
This dynamic program emphasizes the biotensegrity versus the biomechanical model as a framework for understanding the bodymind. It not only examines the fascia and nervous system in great detail but also the concepts of our body being a representation of our internal dialogue, thought patterns, beliefs and perceptions.
What Is Tensegrity Medicine Training About?
This comprehensive program assists the practitioner in learning valuable skills to understand bodymind approaches to medicine and covers the various factors that go into health and healing.
Tensegrity Medicine specialists are experts in the areas of the neurofascial system, whole body biotensegral assessments, innovative cutting edge light touch manual therapies, somatic sense perception training, and dialoguing skills involving the body, thoughts, perceptions, and emotions.
Students of the Tensegrity Medicine mentorship training learn about their own bodies and their own beliefs so they can practice more embodied whole body, whole person medicine.
The student learns to enrich their therapeutic sessions with up to date scientifically based information and practices, but also has a focus on enriching their understanding of themselves and how they can be more fulfilled in their work as a practitioner.
This course has been prerecorded and includes student participation.
What Will You Learn In The Level 1 Training?
- Understand the biotensegrity model of our bodies and our psyches. Learn how any disruption in tension or compression forces of the neurofascial system or our thought systems and beliefs can influence posture, strength, range of motion and function.
- Understand the concepts of tensegrity and how three dimensionally balancing the physical structure can restore balance and diminish pain and pathological movement patterns.
- Learn the latest research related to the connective tissue system (neuromyofascial system), psychoneuroendocrinology, and neuroscience related to trauma informed care.
- Be able to perform global biotensegral based assessments of the tension compression patterns of the body in determing a rationale for treatment.
- Be able to objectively measure both pre and post treatment therapeutic outcomes of global system change.
- Learn to apply clinical critical reasoning skills related to a biotensegrity based framework for treatment.
- Apply new targeted light touch techniques to create three dimensional balance.
- Learn to incorporate unique movement strategies to facilitate new movement patterns to increase long term carry over of therapeutic care.
- Learn introductory curiosity questions to address the cognitive patterns and lifestyle choices in order to influence the physical balance of the body.
- Learn appropriate documentation terminology to increase efficiency and consistency in communication.
- Learn how to practice self care practices and strategies to avoid burnout.
- Learn models of connective tissue kinetic chains and how they can be used as a ‘roadmap’ in determining restrictions and/or balancing forces.
- Learn how to teach your clients how to activate their own ‘inner physician’ as part of the healing process.
- Learn how the use of somatic sensations can play an important role in facilitating change in postural and tensional patterns.
Who Is This Training For?
Eligible students include massage therapists, bowen practitioners, physical therapists, occupational therapists, movement specialists, naturopaths, chiropractors, physicians.
Our emphasis is not on ‘fixing’ our clients, but instead helping locate and identify where the ‘stagnations’ lie in the system(s), increasing self awareness and compassionate witnessing to these regions, and ultimately training the client in establishing new patterns. We achieve this through hands on treatment, movement, dialoguing and training in lifestyle habits as a means to create empowerment and long lasting change. This approach leads to resolution of pain, chronic movement and functional limitations while returning agency back to the client.
Mentorship Training Levels
- Level One-Basic training – This course (currently offered online only)
- Level Two-Advanced Bodymind Training (individual specialty courses) Includes Integrating Bodymind into Clinical Practice (currently offered on line only)
- Level Three-teacher training (for those interested in becoming teachers of Tensegrity Medicine)
ADDITIONAL COURSE OFFERINGS:
These are a few courses which are offered to mentorship students and graduates as a way to supplement and further their learning. These courses are not part of the base tuition but are offered at a priority and low cost to mentorship students.
- Fresh tissue with biotensegrity emphasis – live or online (Next session TBA)
Tensegrity Medicine Destination Retreats-stay tuned for 2023 dates
- 2023: Location TBA
See what students are saying who attended our international retreat: Spain Retreat, 2018
Cost-Level One Training
Full tuition: $2,500-REGISTER HERE
Installment payment plans available
- 12 month payment plan $210USD – REGISTER HERE
- 6 month payment plan $420USD – REGISTER HERE
scholarships available upon request
“Giving a shout-out to this mentorship training is easy! I have gained SO much insight into the tensegrity structure of the body, which was expected and exactly what I signed up for, but this mentorship is not only limited to the body, but takes into account the wholism of person. How the psyche/psychology of a being affects their body, much like the body absolutely affects the psyche. If you are at all curious of how to bridge what modern medicine has dissected apart , be prepared to gain the understanding that what is present in the part is present in the whole, and not only will you be able to understand it, you will also learn how to articulate it, as well as how to include it into your day to day clinical documentation”.
“What an incredible mentorship as well as a professional and personal journey! You will learn whole person care through the lens of biotensegrity, neuroscience, connective tissue, embodied dialogue, and more! All of it makes SO much sense! Patients/clients will benefit from being seen in this light. It doesn’t matter if you are an OT, PT, ATC, nurse, or anything else as this is human to human connection and therapy for our human bodies and minds. Kelly is quite amazing by not only teaching the material but also taking you on a personal journey with the work as well. You will complete the mentorship as a deeper and connected person and therapist”.
“Tensegrity Medicine changed my life both personally and professionally. If you are looking for transformation, you have come to the right place!”
“Kelly brings depth, clarity, and compassion to her work as a teacher, facilitator, practitioner, and mentor. I felt incredibly supported by the community she created through this mentorship training and inspired by her humility. I honestly feel that this work needs to be the future of health care and that this material needs to be incorporated into every physical therapy and occupational therapy masters/doctorate program. I am incredibly impressed and am walking away from this training with a wealth of information, tools for self-inquiry, and the resources I need to support my clients as they heal”.
“I always strive to be a better clinician, but this coursework made me leaps and bounds better”.
“Tensegrity Medicine training has opened up a new way of being; it has allowed growth and healing from within, giving so much more depth to show up with clients. A deeper understanding of the bodymind connection allows a more loving presence as a witness to support and guide clients through unveiling their bodymind connection”.