Date: October 25 – October 28
Tensegrity Medicine™ Mentorship Training
Our mentorship program includes a combination of live and online course based learning. This program is dynamic in that it emphasizes the biotensegrity versus the biomechanical model as a framework for understanding the body. It not only examines the fascia and nervous system in great detail but also the concepts of our body being a representation of our internal dialogue, thought patterns, beliefs and perceptions.
What Is Tensegrity Medicine Training About?
This comprehensive program will assist the practitioner in learning valuable skills in understanding the bodymind approaches to medicine and the various factors that go into health and healing.
Tensegrity Medicine specialists are experts in the areas of the neurofascial system, whole body biotensegrity assessment, innovative cutting edge light touch manual therapies, somatic sense perception training, and dialoguing skills involving the body, thoughts, perceptions, and emotions.
Students of the Tensegrity Medicine mentorship training learn about their own bodies and their own beliefs so they can practice more embodied whole body, whole person medicine. The student learns to enrich their therapeutic sessions with up to date scientifically based information and practices, but also has a focus on enriching their understanding of themselves and how they can be more fulfilled in their work as a practitioner.
What Will You Learn In The Training?
- Understand the biotensegrity model of fascia and how any disruption in tension or compression forces of the neurofascial system can influence posture, strength, range of motion and function.
- Understand the concepts of tensegrity and how three dimensionally balancing the physical structure can restore balance and diminish pain and pathological movement patterns.
- Learn the latest research related to the connective tissue system (neuromyofascial system), psychoneuroendocrinology, and neuroscience as it relates to sensation, pain, interoception and proprioception.
- Be able to perform global assessments of the tension compression patterns of the body to determine a rationale treatment approach.
- Be able to objectively measure both pre and post treatment therapeutic outcomes of fascial tension.
- Learn to apply clinical critical reasoning skills related to the biotensegrity framework in determining a treatment approach.
- Apply new manual therapy techniques based on the latest scientific research in neuroscience and connective tissue.
- Learn to incorporate movement strategies to facilitate new movement patterns to increase long term carry over of therapeutic care.
- Learn dialoguing skills to address the cognitive patterns and lifestyle choices in order to influence the physical balance of the body.
- Learn documentation skills to increase efficiency and consistency in communication.
- Learn how to practice self care practices and strategies to avoid burnout.
- Learn models of myofascial kinetic chains and how they can be used as a ‘roadmap’ in determining restrictions in the body and progression of care.
- Learn how to teach your clients how to activate their own ‘inner physician’ as part of the healing process.
- Learn how the use of somatic sensations can play an important role in facilitating change in postural and tensional patterns.
Who Is This Training For?
- Eligible students include massage therapists, Bowen practitioners, Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, movement specialists, Naturopaths, Chiropractors, Physicians.
Our emphasis is not on ‘fixing’ our clients, but instead helping locate and identify where the ‘stagnations’ lie in the system(s), increasing self awareness and compassionate witnessing to these regions, and ultimately training the client in establishing new patterns. We achieve this through hands on treatment, movement, dialoguing and training in lifestyle habits as a means to create empowerment and long lasting change. This approach leads to resolution of pain, chronic movement and functional limitations while returning agency back to the client.
The mentorship training includes the following:
Regular live mentorship training courses
- Live weekend classes (East coast training – 4 day classes meeting 3x a year for two years (total 24 days). Seattle classes – two day weekend classes throughout the year.
- Includes hands on training-myofascial testing, biotensegrity based orthopaedic and functional assessments, light touch manual therapy techniques, functional movement training, bodymind dialoguing
Additional courses to supplement mentorship training
Specialty courses (optional) – Tuition cost NOT included in mentorship
- Can include specific body regional treatments (ie upper extremity), pathology specific interventions, manual therapy technique training, movement education, bodymind techniques (dialoguing), assessment, review courses
Dissection (optional) (16-32 live classroom training hours) – Tuition cost NOT included in mentorship
- Fresh tissue with biotensegrity emphasis
- Offered yearly in Boulder, Colorado
Tensegrity Medicine Destination Retreat (optional) (20 training hours) – Tuition cost NOT included in mentorship
- Offered yearly
- 4 day retreat in beautiful Malaga, Spain (see destination courses link for details) See what students are saying who attended last years retreat: Spain Retreat, 2018
Practice Groups (Available in select locations based on teacher availability)
- Participate with other Tensegrity Medicine mentorship students and graduates as we review TM principles, case studies, diagnosis and manual therapy interventions. Time is allotted for practice sessions, Q&A, and networking with other like minded practitioners
Online training Courses-included in mentorship training
Book club (13+ hours)
- 8 months-Anatomy trains
- Read a chapter a month and attend the online course where Kelly reviews the information, explains how she uses this work in her clinical practice and why it is important for us to understand how to bring this work to our understanding of the global system(s).
Journal club (12+ hours)
- Review recent relevant research related to Tensegrity Medicine principles
- We will all read the same research article, answer discussion questions about the topic, share ideas with other students about the clinical relevance of the results.
- Stay abreast of the pertinent research related to our passion of whole bodymind care.
- Be a part of our private online discussion forum. Join with other Tensegrity Medicine Mentorship students from around the world. Ask questions, make connections, share success stories, share articles-help change the way medicine is practiced!
Training Levels in the Tensegrity Medicine Mentorship
- Basic Training – details listed above
- The basic mentorship training is approved for 176 NCBTMB CE hours
- Advanced Training – teacher training – TBA
- Seattle Class of 2018-19: (registration closed)
Dates: September, 2018-November, 2019
-Classes meet @ once a month Saturday-Sunday
- Stay tuned for Seattle training 2019-20! (dates coming soon….)
- Charleston, South Carolina 2019-20
Dates: February (2-22-2/25/19)
2020 dates TBA
For any questions about the mentorship, feel free to contact our program director Harley at: firstname.lastname@example.org