- This event has passed.
Postponed-Tensegrity Medicine Revision and Review Workshop-Ireland
Date: April 30 – April 30
This one day course is for the student who is wanting to review and stay current in their understanding of Tensegrity Medicine practice or for the student that is new to the paradigm.
We will reunite to learn about the newest research coming out about biotensegrity, fascia, the nervous system and the use of sensory based inquiry.
We will review biotensegral testing and treatment principles, relational anatomy and new ideas about how cognition, emotion, and beliefs can shape our physiology.
You will learn the newest modifications of biotensegral assessment and treatment and learn more about the ‘holistic assessment’.
- Come reunite with your classmates and review biotensegral testing and treatment principles.
- Practice and receive customized biotensegrity informed assessment and treatment.
- Share your experiences with the work, learn and discuss clinical case examples
- Review pathologies from a Tensegrity Medicine perspective
- Learn concepts related to psychotensegrity and how thoughts, emotions, and perceptions can change our physiology
This workshop incorporates the newest principles of the biotensegrity paradigm as a framework for assessing and understanding the body.
This course will update you with the tools and objective measures to provide a three dimensional assessment based treatment.
By learning to objectively test and treat global patterns from a Tensegrity Medicine perspective, you will be able to accurately identify the most appropriate Bowen moves to perform, helping to avoid over-treatment and staying true to a “less is more” philosophy.
With this biotensegrity informed treatment approach, you will be able to educate your clients on the source of their discomfort, which is often not the site of pain, communicate progress to other providers using objective measures, and document outcomes for further treatment.
- The student will understand the latest scientific concepts related to biotensegrity and how it relates to a Bowenwork session.
- The student will gain specific knowledge regarding closed kinetic chains, and commonly seen pathologies related to force transmission.
- The student will review how to objectively analyze and document postural patterns in the biotensegral system as they relate to function and posture.
- The student will review how to select and perform Bowen procedures in a modified position based on biotensegral testing outcomes.
- The student will review how to objectively evaluate and document pre- and post-treatment findings in order to determine the efficacy of treatment.
- The student will be able to establish a customized treatment plan based on these objective findings.