- This event has passed.
Tensegrity Medicine 1 – Sofia, Bulgaria
Tensegrity Medicine 1
While not required for taking the course, it would be helpful for the student to be familiar with the concept of Anatomy Trains, as outlined by Thomas Myers. I would recommend reading Anatomy Trains for reference either before or after the class. A familiarity with general anatomical origin and insertion of muscles, as well as actions will also deepen a student’s understanding of the course content.
This two day assessment workshop will give you the tools and objective measures to provide a more targeted and effective treatment for your clients. By learning to objectively test and document limitations, you will then be able to choose the most appropriate procedures, helping to avoid over-treatment, and staying true to the “less is more” philosophy. With these assessment techniques, you will be able to educate your clients on the source of their discomfort, communicate client progress to other providers, and document outcomes for further research.
- The student will understand the concept of Tensegrity and its applications to the fascial system.
- The student will gain specific knowledge of the fascial lines, the anatomical landmarks within these lines, and the pathologies commonly associated with them.
- The student will learn to objectively analyze and document postural limitations in the fascial lines, utilizing Myofascial Testing.
- The student will learn to select appropriate manual therapy procedures based on Myofascial Testing outcomes.
- The student will learn to objectively evaluate and document pre- and post-treatment measures in order to determine the efficacy of treatment.
- The student will be able to establish a customized treatment plan based on objective findings.