- This event has passed.
Date: May 1, 2018 @ 12:00 am – April 30 @ 11:59 pm
Bowen and Tensegrity Medicine Journal Club
- Have you wanted to explore the latest research related to fascia, biotensegrity, mindbody medicine, psychoneuroimmunology but weren’t sure where to start?
- Do you feel overwhelmed with all of the clinical information out there?
- Do you want to share your excitement regarding the newest published research with others?
- Do you have questions on what these studies mean and how it applies to your clinical practice?
Well this is why this group has been created! It is to help practioners like you have a community where we can share the latest scientific findings related to our profession and discuss them with each other. You will receive one research article per month of which you can read and review it on your own. We will have a discussion board for participants to ask questions, share ideas, and ‘geek out’ about the findings. There will be a short quiz after each article to ensure that you have read the article and comprehended the basic information for each.
This course is designed to assist the practitioner in following and updating their knowledge base regarding the latest research related to human anatomy, physiology, psychoneuroimmunology, fascia, mind body connections, trauma research, Bowen research, and other fields of study related to practicing holistic therapy.
CE’s: 12 (1 CE per article)
CE’s will be awarded by the Northwest School of Structural Therapy.
Course Aims and Outcomes:
This course will assist the new and experienced practitioner in understanding the scientific research and rationale for understanding how Bowen therapy and other types of whole body medicine create such powerful results.
This course will give the practitioner the ability to access the relevant research, participate in an ongoing discussion forum, discuss research findings with Kelly, and update their knowledge base to facilitate a greater understanding of our manual therapy interventions. This course will strengthen the students ability to be able to relay relevant clinical research related to their practice to their clients and colleagues.
This course will include monthly articles, available through the online forum with an active discussion board for fellow students to comment, share ideas, and ask questions. An online written examination will be available to complete with each article to ensure the student can demonstrate competency in regards to the content. Upon successful completion of each examination, the student will be awarded 1 CE per article.
Specific Learning Outcomes:
By the end of this course, the student will:
- Be able to understand the topic presented and be able to successfully complete an on line examination.
- Be able to understand the relevance of the content as it applies to Bowen therapy.
- Be able to have ongoing discussion with fellow students and the course moderator on these topics as it relates to their clinical practice.
- The student will be able to utilize the relevant journal content and apply it to their clinical practice.
- The student will be able to clearly discuss the research or article content presented to their clients and other health care providers is it is relevant to the communication required for the treatment session and progression of care.
- Resources will be made available for ongoing discussion, questions and communication with fellow students.