Date: September 5 – January 4, 2020
An Introduction to Bodymind Medicine
This course is designed for the new or experienced practitioner who is looking to practice in a more comprehensive holistic way-incorporating the whole person into clinical practice.
Students will learn about the newest research related to the fascia and nervous system. We will be using the biotensegrity framework and the polyvagal theory as a way to understand common pathologies, health and wellness.
We will examine how our beliefs, emotions, perceptions and thoughts affect our physiology. We will discuss research related to psychoneuroimmunology and how this impacts our clinical treatment approach.
We will discuss how to incorporate bodymind principles into your clinical practice. The students will be educated on common treatment approaches, documentation and home exercises to incorporate whole person techniques into their client sessions.
With this approach, the focus is also on teaching the clinician self care practices in addition to clinical pearls with the understanding that we act as the therapy ‘tool’ in our practice and our bodymind affects our clients bodymind!
This class will include a private discussion forum where students can share ideas, provide feedback and create a community of like minded practitioners.
- The student will learn the newest research related to fascia, the nervous system and their role in commonly seen pathologies.
- The student will understand the principle concepts of psychoneuroimmunology and the latest research regarding therapies that utilize bodymind practices.
- The student will be exposed to polyvagal theory as it relates to trauma.
- The student will gain an understanding of relational anatomy and the concepts related to the biotensegrity paradigm.
- The student will learn clinical strategies to incorporate person centered bodymind medicine into clinical practice.
- The student will learn how to document bodymind strategies into insurance based documentation.
- The student will learn self care strategies to incoroporate in their own daily routine.
- 4- Webinars (recorded) released every two weeks beginning September 5th
- Q&A live teleconference
- Copies of all webinar pdf’s
- Additional resources around research studies, handouts, recommended reading
- Private discussion forum to connect with other practitioners
High speed internet
Registration open! Save $25 if registered before August 31, 2019 with coupone code SUMMER