- This event has passed.
Bodymind Dialogue using the Tensegrity Medicine Model
4 Part Series
-This is an introductory previously live and recorded 4 part series that dives into the clinical applications of the Tensegrity Medicine bodymind dialoguing process.
This workshop will help the new or experienced movement or bodywork practitioners create language around and bring practical clinical dialoguing tools into their treatment sessions.
The emphasis is on connecting the physical body structural patterns with sensory perceptions, emotions, core beliefs, thoughts, and perceptions.
This dynamic month long workshop will deepen the students awareness about their own patterns as therapists, as well as create a new lens of viewing their clients unique bodymind patterns.
Practices will be highlighted that honor your scope of practice while also understanding and treating the ‘thru line’ of patterns related to body, mind, emotions, and spirit.
Schedule Level One
WEEK ONE: LENS OF VIEWING
Understanding complex biologic systems. Experience how ‘lens of viewing’ of the therapist and the client can shift awareness. What is fragmentation and how does that relate to trauma and the body. Identify common non pathologizing adaptative patterns in your client and yourself.
WEEK TWO: MAPPING THE BODYMIND
Understanding the positive role that symptoms play in the system. Why don’t we want to get rid of pain prematurely? How do we identify allies and adversaries within the bodymind. Why is it a problem to get rid of protective parts prematurely? How does story follow state and how do we recognize this in our therapy?
WEEK THREE: TENSION-COMPRESSION OF THE INTERNAL ECOSYSTEM
How does the somatic system relate to emotions and the mind. When are compensations helpful in the system and when do we want to take them away. Why is symmetry not our goal. How do we dialogue with pain and tension? How do sensations guide our curiosity? What is polarization and why does it matter?
WEEK FOUR: INTEGRATION, ADAPTATION, AND AGENCY
Attachment principles related to self energy. Balancing the thru line of somatostates. Home programs to enhance self energy. Relational attunement practices to bring into clinical practice.
Schedule Level Two
- Learn how the concepts of biotensegrity informed treatment and parts language can facilitate whole person care.
- Learn you can begin to use curiosity questions as a tool in your therapy sessions.
- Understand the foundational concepts of systems theory and relational interdependence.
- Gain a better understanding about compensations, physical restrictions and polarities as sophisticated and intelligent protective mechanisms.
- Help your client understand why pain is not something to get rid of, but instead is something to move toward.
- Learn how to recognize when compensatory strategies are needed and necessary and should not be gotten rid of.
- Understand how safety, curiosity, resourcing and co-regulation are foundational in treatment sessions.
- Practice bodymind dialoguing with fellow colleagues in a safe supportive setting
Who is this class for?
-Anyone interested in working with others with a whole bodymind perspective
-Anyone interested in understanding their own bodymind map
–Graduates of the Tensegrity Medicine mentorship trainings
When: Class begins January, 2022. (details coming soon)
What: Each class will be 90′-2 hours in length and will be recorded. They will include lecture, experiential exercises and personal exploration of your own patterns.
Level One: $249
Level Two: $249 (prerequisite of Introductory Bodymind course or level one training)
Combined Level 1&2: $450 (must be purchased initially)