- This event has passed.
Bowen and other Light Touch Therapies for Fascial Dysfunction – Sanya Eco Spa, Malta – January, 2019
Cost: $163.70 – $327.40
Bowen & other Light Touch Therapies for Fascial Dysfunction
Come join us for this introductory course on the newest fascial techniques in manual therapy- Light touch therapies!
The newest facial and nervous system research is revealing the power of light touch in manual therapy. With science validating the relationship of pain to the tension and compression relationship of the peripheral nerves and the fascial network, we are beginning to understand why we don’t need to apply aggressive connective tissue interventions to make significant changes in tissue tension, pain symptoms, and functional movement!
Learn about the latest fascial research related to mechanotransduction, mechanoreceptor stimulation, and the fascial network. Learn how we can use these anatomical and physiologic principles to apply specific, measurable manual therapy strategies in a targeted way to affect tissue tension and pain symptoms.
See how we can affect neuromyofascial imbalances that contribute to common diagnosis and pain patterns in a new, easy, hands on application.
These innovative approaches including Bowen therapy and other light touch techniques can be performed as stand alone whole body therapies or in conjunction with traditional therapies to affect tissue tension, pain symptoms, and three dimensional balance. They are easy on the therapist and the client. They can be used in general rehabilitation, in a massage or wellness type setting, or as a self help intervention.
- Be able to understand the latest research related to the fascial and nervous system.
- Be able to understand how light touch therapies can be more effective in releasing abnormal tissue tension patterns in the system than traditional methods.
- Understand how strength, range of motion, and function can be improved by treating the whole system with these easy to learn and apply techniques.
- Be able to apply a global three dimensional light touch treatment for the whole body.
- Demonstrate Bowen moves and other light touch techniques for the global system.
- Learn procedures for the back
- Learn procedures for the shoulder
- Learn procedures for the legs and feet
- Learn procedures for the neck
- Learn procedures for the arms
Who is this course for?
Physical, Occupational, Massage Therapists, PTA’s, COTA’s, Naturopaths, Chiropractors, DO’s, MD’s, athletic trainers, movement practitioners, students interested in holistic care.
This course qualifies for 14 CE hours.
Sanya Eco Spa and Yoga Hub-