- This event has passed.
Date: November 17, 2017 @ 9:30 am – November 17, 2017 @ 4:30 pm
Fascial Assessment & Treatment Approaches for the Movement and Manual Therapist
This one day fascial assessment and treatment course is designed as a new way of looking at common pathologies through the lens of the connective tissue system and biotensegrity . Students will learn about the newest research related to the neuromyofascial system, and take home testing and treatment protocols utilizing ligament stimulation and Bowen therapy. With the ability to test the fascial and muscular systems, therapists can get to the core of the movement or pain problem, treat it effectively and efficiently with measurable results. Students will receive a Certificate of Completion.
- The student will learn the newest research about fascia and its role in commonly seen pathologies.
- The student will understand the principle concepts of utilizing ligament stimulation and Bowen therapy as a means to connective tissue tension change.
- The student will gain an understanding of the fascial lines and the concept of Tensegrity.
- The student will learn to objectively analyze and document postural limitations utilizing Myofascial Testing.
- Based on objective testing outcomes, the student will be able to select and demonstrate appropriate ligament stimulation and Bowen therapy procedures.
- The student will learn to objectively evaluate and document pre- and post-treatment measures in order to determine the efficacy of treatment