Date: September 24 @ 9:00 am – April 21, 2020 @ 10:00 am
Fascia Book Club
Anatomy Trains, by Thomas Myers
Join my 8-month long Fascia Book Club, and answer questions like:
- What is the role of fascia in the body in relation to function?
- Why should fascia matter to us as movement and manual therapists?
- Why is it important to understand relational anatomy in the context of rehabilitation?
- When our methods aren’t working, what can we do about it?
My hope is that the Fascia Book Club will deepen your knowledge of fascia and give you practical tools to help your clients heal.
We will read one chapter per month of Thomas Myers-Anatomy Trains. Kelly will then present a webinar where she will break down the concepts discussed in each chapter, with additional information about the latest scientific research related to connective tissue, clinical pearls related to manual therapy and assessment strategies.
- September 24, 2019: The World According to Fascia: Chapter 1
- October 22, 2019: The Rules of the Game and the Superficial Back Line: Chapters 2 and 3
- November 19, 2019: The Superficial Front Line: Chapter 4
- December 17, 2019: The Lateral Line: Chapter 5 **note date change**
- January 21, 2020: The Spiral Line: Chapter 6
- February 18, 2020: The Arm Lines: Chapter 7
- March 24, 2020: The Functional Lines: Chapter 8 and The Deep Front Line: Chapter 9
- April 21, 2020: Anatomy Trains in Motion and Structural Analysis: Chapter 10 and 11
- 5+ hours of required Independent study over the course of the series
- 10+ hours of teleseminars with Kelly Clancy
- Recordings of all classes, to listen to at your own pace, accessible through August, 2020
- Year-long access to our on line private community board of curious, passionate manual and movement therapists
- The support you need to bring what you’ve learned into your therapy practice
- Practical ways to combine the manual therapies you know with new insights from the scientific fascial community
CE Hours: 13
Required course material: Anatomy Trains, by Thomas Myers (any edition)